Understanding and anticipating how people interact with complex systems, equipment, processes, environments, and other people is at the heart of Human Factors (HF). We know from experience that the most effective HF solutions start with asking the right questions.
The information and insight gained from exploring the answers with HF rigour inspires design teams to develop innovative ways to design out potential HF issues, minimising or mitigating HF challenges before they arise in operations and maintenance.
Integrating the niche perspective of Human Factors expertise into your project optimises the quality, safety and efficiency of the system, and enhances the end-user experience.
Pre-empting and preventing potential HF risks or challenges early in the project lifecycle is always more effective in terms of time, effort, and cost than overcoming those issues after they materialise.
We strive to eliminate HF risks through good design, and where this is not possible, mitigate these risks So Far As Is Reasonably Practicable (SFAIRP).
By identifying these potential challenges you can actively influence better outcomes, delivering safer and more efficient systems. Integrating HF delivers better design and reduces the risks associated with human error.
Our services… Distilled:
- Identifying and mitigating HF-related risks that could impact on your organisation
- Strategic guidance to optimise the efficiency, effectiveness, and performance of operators/maintainers within your systems
- Assessing HF risks to eliminate issues through design, or mitigate them SFAIRP
- Effective integration of HF considerations and assurance to support the system safety argument, with HF contributing to safe, operable and effective solutions
- Compliance with legislative requirements
- Technical Advisor and Independent Safety Assessor (ISA) HF services
- Delivering “right-sized” HF solutions addressing client, operator, and user expectations